Thursday, July 14, 2011

Word of the day

The word of the day is broke! Now, I will give you some examples of this word used in sentences with a few variations:

  1. Our gas saving car that was used for my husbands work commute is broken. There it sits in the driveway. Did we fix it? Well no, we didn't! We used it as a good excuse for my husband to get to drive his sports car daily and dropped the insurance! Problem solved.
  2. My oven which I bake in religiously is also broken. It's a miracle if it stays turned on long enough to cook our food thoroughly before it shuts itself off. It's only 4 years old. Annoying.
  3. Our fridge, which is only 5 years old is turned all the way up and our food isn't as cold as it should be. Usually on this temp setting our drinks would be slushy and our veggies extra crisp. I predict it will soon break. To make another prediction; it will break the day after grocery day when it's crammed to the gills. Oh crap. . . . Yesterday was grocery day.
  4. Our house phone is also broke. A few days ago we had an impressive lightning storm that I'm thinking is the factor. I'm not sure if it's the phone itself or the lines, either way, still broke. At least my best friends ear is getting a break.
  5. We promised our girl's that we would take them school shopping this weekend. Clothes, shoes, backpacks, supplies, hair appointments - the whole 9 yards. I suspect after all these repairs and this shopping trip, we too will also be BROKE.
And, as an added bonus, Japanese beetles have taken up residence on our shade tree in the front yard. If anything else decides to go wrong I'm guessing either myself or my husband will be on the brink of a breakdown.

Sometimes being an adult SUCKS!

No comments: