Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Revolving Door.

One day I need to carry a notebook and a pen with me and keep a tally of how many times I repeatedly do something in a day. Wash the same sippy cup, pick up the same toy, walk to the trashcan, wipe the same butt, say the same thing over and over and over. I believe I could blindfold myself and still be able to run the household just fine considering all I do one day to the next is a repeat of the day before. Except of course on grocery day when I have to drag along 2 to 4 kids with me and manage to get enough contents in my cart to make a complete meal every day for a week. But, every grocery day is the same, too. The same ole routine, the same ole list of the same ole items we need. I am not complaining, by any means. I love my life and I can count on less than one hand the things I would change about it if I had the opportunity.

I hate routines, I used to say "How boring would your life be if you did the same thing every day over" Then I realized, I AM IN A ROUTINE. I wake up at 6:45 every morning, the first thing I do is plug in the flat iron, pee, then wake up the girls. Tie shoe laces, brush hair, flat iron hair, insert bow and drive them to school. Come home, feed Kyle breakfast, dress Caleb and start a load of laundry, Kiss my husband as he leaves for work then start making beds. I won't give you a run through of my entire day but the all start out just the same. The moment I realized I am doing all the things that I despised so much when I would speak of 'growing up' and the things that I'd swear I would never do, is the moment I realized I am getting old and perhaps my life will always be a revolving door. A few things may change a long the way as the kids grow up, I am sure I will have to adjust but no doubt day in and out I will repeat the day before.

No comments: