Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My Baby Brother Ate My Homework



Chaos has hit an all time high around here. I haven't been able to blog for awhile now and I apologize, I will try to do better. We've had ballgames, Girl Scout meetings, doctors appointments, Christmas shopping and the usual hussle and bussle to deal with over the past few weeks. The baby is 6 months old now and is starting to sit up. He is develpoping a personality of his own. I love watching them grow into their own unique selves.

As many of you know I wrote a blog long ago about Caleb and his behavior. I decided to finally mention it to the doctor at his 3 year check up. But, while we were discussing the baby and his developement, Caleb was bouncing around the room like a pin ball. I didn't even have to bring up his hyperness to the doctor. It didn't go un-noticed. She brought up the issue before I even had to mention it. We discussed how he is on a day to day basis and she suggests I put him in Preschool. ADHD is a possibility as well as an anxiety disorder. I knew this already, I guess mother's just know this sort of stuff about their children. She said getting him into a routine and in a structured environment would be the best thing for him at the point. He isn't quiet old enough to be diagnosed just yet, so we are kind of in the observation stage with him. I know he needs some sort of help, and so do I. Most days he is overwhelming to me with the other kids and a growing baby, but I manage. I just don't feel like I need to put him in preschool right now. He just turned 3. He would have to go to school almost 3 years before Kindergarten. To me it seems unfair. I haven't ruled it out, I am just giving myself more time to dwell on it to make sure I making the best decision for him..... and me.
-Just an example of the Caleb we all know and love. Catie was trying to keep him in line to sit in Santa's lap-



The girls are doing really well in school. I am so proud at how smart and driven they are to learn. Kayley has became a great reader and Catie is still making the honor roll like she has every year since Kindergarten. Catie played basketball and Kayley wanted to cheerlead. They both did so good. I couldn't be more proud of my sweet little girls And yes it is true; Kyle did eat Catie's homework. Just the corner! .



The kids are getting really excited about Christmas, although it's hard for me to get into the spirit considering how unseasonably warm it's been here over the past few weeks. I would like to see some snow on Christmas, but it doesn't look too promising.

Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments: