Sunday, January 1, 2012

My New Years Resolution is to have no resolutions.

Every year on January 1st all you hear is "I'm going to lose 20lbs, I'm going to stop smoking, I'm going to go to Church, New Year - New Me" Blah, blahh. blahhh! The way I see it is, if you are serious and committed to making any change in your life no matter how big or small you would just do it then. Why do you have to wait until a new year to make a change? Why do you have to wait until a new year for a fresh start? Why? I just do not get it. I have vowed to make some changes in my life too, and as soon as I did I started them. I didn't feel the need to wait until January 1st, 2012 to do so. Maybe I am just venting but it bugs me. It's always the same ol story, the same ol resolutions. So, this year I have decided that I will have one and only one resolution and that is to not have one at all!

Besides, it's not like they last very long anyways! :-)

My new year was just another ordinary day. I woke up, popped the top on some diet Mt Dew, and started on the mountain of laundry. The most exciting part of my entire day was going to pick up Caleb's new Thomas The Train bed. The look on his face when he saw it was worth every penny spent on it. Then at night we went to my in laws Jamboree for some live music with the kids. It was fun, I got to sit back and relax and let them run wild. But of course Caleb started having a melt down which meant it was time to come home. Well.. I came home with the kids and my husband stayed. We brought in the new year by watching Dinosaur Train on Netflix. How exciting.

All I did today was clean house, tackled another mountain of laundry and painted the boy's bedroom, which took hours to finished since I had to roll and trim by myself. It turned out so cute, I will post pics soon. My little bundle of hyperness joy is going to love it, he is Train crazy!

Well that's about it. I guess when you are a Mom and wife your New Years Eve stories are kind of lame and boring, but I wouldn't have wanted to spend it any other way!

1 comment:

Nicki said...

I have tagged up in a blog post, hope you can join in. http://half-a-dozen-kids.blogspot.com/2012/03/tag-your-it.html