Friday, June 3, 2011

My Last Week

I went for my weekly OB appointment on Wednesday to find out that I could be induced as early as next week if I chose to be. Kyle isn't due until the middle of the month but he will arrive a week from today, hopefully. I was relieved to find out that I only had a little over a week left to be miserable. But, after leaving the doctor's office the reality struck me. Most of this pregnancy I have been in denial. It wasn't until pulling away from the doctor's office and seeing the induction paper laying in my passenger seat that it hit me, I'm pregnant, next week he will be born. I will have 4 kids that depend on me. Our lives will never be the same. Going from 1 kid to 2 was an easy transition. From 2 kids to 3 was a little more challenging but still doable. I am a little nervous about going from 3 to 4 though. Here are just a few things that have clouded my mind in the past few days.

I only have 1 week left to:
-load the kids in the backseat of our gas saving car. From now on we will have to drive the van everywhere we go.

-I will have to pack an actual diaper bag again instead of just dropping a few necessities in my purse.

-No more sleeping through the night for awhile to come.

-I will have to change tiny diapers, fix bottles of formula that has a horrible stench and lug around a heavy infant carrier.

-But I also realize I will have another little angel to melt my heart, make me smile and make my day just a little brighter every time I look into his tiny helpless eyes.

I am so blessed that I have 3 healthy children. I hope and pray Kyle is just as healthy and everything goes smoothly.

p.s. Someone be on standby with a nerve pill the first day I am home alone with all 4 of them ;)

No comments: