Monday, April 18, 2011

I hate socks!

So, yesterday while I was cleaning out my daughters room, I tried to teach her how to fold socks. You would not believe how many unmatched socks were loose in her dresser drawers. Some dirty, some clean, some I couldn't tell if they were dirty or clean. She acted like it was the most torturous & difficult task she has ever had to learn (besides throwing her trash IN the trash can)! Geez, kids these days. . . I hope she can land a rich husband to hire a maid for her. You try to start instilling basic chores early in their childhood so they will grow up and take care of themselves, and learn to be responsible. And, it backfires. I never knew folding socks was so difficult. Monotonous, yes.. but not difficult. She sat in the floor and cried because I made her match her own pile of socks. Nobody warns you of silly things such as this before you become a parent. All I ever heard was; "I hope you have kids just like you." I do not recall once me crying over having to fold my own socks! However, I blogging about it, is there a difference? Maybe, this does fit into the "I hope you have a kid just you" category. Hmm...

Someone should invent disposable socks, wear them once-throw them away. Although this still wouldn't solve my sock fiasco because my daughter doesn't throw her trash away, instead she hides it. So then I would just be finding disposable socks and having throw them away myself. Doesn't really help me out any, it would still make me hate socks, even disposable ones.

My washing machine is the opposite of me, it loves socks. I know for a fact I put both matches in the wash, and when the load comes out of the dryer, one sock is missing. Scientist find explanations for all sorts of things, but no one can tell me where that missing sock went to during the laundry cycle. Being the practical person I am, I save the sock that no longer has a partner which leads to my laundry room cabinet being full of mismatched socks. I just can't seem to throw them away, regardless. I am holding onto the hope of one day my washing machine vomiting up all the socks it has eaten so I can reunite sock partners. Even though I hate socks, I believe I am a sock hoarder. I HATE SOCKS! Nothing would satisfy me more than being able to wear flip flops year round!

1 comment:

Alyce @ Blossom Heart Quilts said...

Oh my gosh yes, my son always has odd socks! Baby socks are the worse offenders cos they're so small.