Thursday, December 9, 2010

Daily Life for Me.

My life 99% of the time is in chaos. Sometimes I feel like I am a crazy person then I remind myself, your just a Mom. My kids are my full time job. I am a stay at home mom, my 2 oldest girls are in school and my 2 year old son is at home with me during the day. My husband doesn't get home from work until about 6pm & the kid's bedtime is at 8-8:30pm.. so, I am their main source or parenting. Don't get me wrong, my husband is the best dad I could ask for but when it comes to the kids, I am just simply with them more than him so he can provide a living for our family.

Just to let you in on how a typical day goes in my life I will try to explain. I wake up around 6:30am, get the girls ready for school, and dropped off. Come home, dress my son, and immediately start cleaning house. I feel like all I ever do is clean but with 3 kids it's a hard job to stay on top of. Laundry, dishes, constantly picking up toys, dusting, wiping off smeared finger prints.. you get the idea. My son is handful, he keeps me busy all day long!! He is constantly into something. I say when he's older he will be a detective, at 2yrs old he already investigates everything he can. I do try to take time at 1pm to watch One Life to Live, one of my favorite shows. My youngest daughter (4 years old) gets home from pre-school around 1:30, so from then until bedtime I am referee. They fight, constantly! "He took my toy", "He's trying to bite me", "Make him leave me alone" etc. Then at 3:30 my oldest daughter (7 years old) gets off the bus. She is so whinny & over dramatic! She's usually complaining, or tattle-telling over something. Her biggest thing is "that's not fair". Around 5:00 I start to fix our supper, and still keep the mess in the house on a minimum & the kids quiet & happy. I am usually exhausted by this point in the evening. I fix drinks & plates for 3 kids, by the time I have them taken care of I fix my plate & let it sit on the table to get cold, because by then I have to start on refills. After supper of course comes cleaning dishes, kitchen, table & crumbs. Homework follows & laying out things for school the next day. This is also a hassle with my girls. They never want to wear what I pick out for them!! Then it's bath times. My oldest can give herself a shower, to which I am thankful. It's a big help when they are old enough to do things on their own. Some day's I am so tired & make the other 2 take a shower, I feel like I am just hosing them down, but hey, I'm a tired mommy! Bed time usually comes between 8 and 8:30 for the girls. Then it's a whole new adventure. They are sharing a bed for now, upon their request... and wouldn't you know as soon as we give in, buy a bigger bed, get rid of the 2 smaller ones, they don't want to share anymore! Too bad! Some nights they fall fast asleep but others they stay up for at least an hour & holler at me "I'm thirsty" or tell on each other for stealing covers. My son is against a set bedtime. Trying to keep him out of his sister's room so they can sleep is another task all in itself. I usually hit the bed around 10 or 10:30. Sometime during the day I take a bath myself & try not to look like a hobo. My house as you can tell is always busy, and if I didn't do everything on such a routine, I don't know how things would go. Everyday life for me is stressful but being a stay at home mom & getting to spend so much time with my kids is so rewarding to me, even though it's completely exhausting.

2 comments:

Beth Ann said...

Gosh you made me tired just reading this! lol

Kelli B said...

Love love love the comment about trying to not look like a hobo!! I can totally relate!!