Friday, December 17, 2010

A Tribute To The Dearest People In My Life

This blog didn't take me long to write because once I got started the feelings just poured out of me along with some tears.

"The best things in life are cherished memories and laughter that is shared with family and friends"

First & Foremost; my soul mate, my lover, my best friend, the father to my children, My HUSBAND:
I do not even want to imagine where I would be in life had I never met him. He is my biggest supporter in everything I do in life. We met in 2001, Married & had our first child in 2003 & in 2010 we are still very much in love & still adding to our family. Things between us hasn't always been perfect. We have had our share of 'downs' but, the 'ups' is what keeps us pressing on. He has given me more than anyone ever could. He made me a mother & gave me a purpose in life. He is wonderful in ways I could never put into words. I love him with everything that I am. He is all things a husband should be; caring, gentle, protective, supportive, kind, loving & understanding. He holds me when I need to be held & he's always there to tell me the things I need to hear at the times I need to hear them most. He is so much fun to be around & fills my life with so much laughter. I feel so safe & protected when he is around. His exact words to me one day were "I would fight the devil himself over you" & I know he would. I have put him through more in a few years than anyone should have to face in a lifetime but he has forgiven me for all my mistakes & flaws. He loves me just the same despite them all. I have always loved the quote "A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person." He gives me a new reason every single day to fall a little deeper in love with him. I am so thankful for all he does for me & the kids, I couldn't ask for a better father for them. I know as long as we live without regards to others opinions & continue to give it all we've got, I have no doubt we will be together forever. And I wouldn't want it any other way!
"The secret to having a good marriage is to understand that marriage must be total, it must be permanent, & it must be equal." -Frank Pittman

Secondly- My parents:
I owe my life to them, literally. I have wonderful parents who have always supported me through all my decisions, even if they weren't always the right ones. They have loved me unconditionally & never told me how to live my life. They gave me the best childhood I could have ever dreamed of. I was always a happy child & spoiled rotten. In my opinion they are the definition of parents! They have never let me down. Of course as a teenager I felt differently. I praise them for putting up with me through my teen years, and not shipping me off to a foreign country.. sometimes I deserved to be!

I can be a better mother to my children because I have the best role model. I call her for advice on every little thing and no matter how silly, she always has an answer. The older I get the more traits I pick up from her and the more I catch my self saying things to my children that she said to me. She taught me how to cook & drive but taught me more "life lessons" than I could ever list.

I get my strong-will and dedication from my Dad. He always supported my mom, my brothers & me by working hard everyday. He was always at home with us just like I am always at home with my family. He gave me quiet a scare this year when he became sick & it truly put into perspective how dear he is to me.

I do not tell my parents enough how much I love them & appreciate them for everything. I am thankful for the home I was raised in, the clothes they dressed me in, the toys they provided me for hours of entertainment. My playhouse that my Dad built by hand just to name the most memorable. I am thankful for the transportation they provided to take me where I wanted to go. But, most importantly for always believing in me even when I wasn't trying my best. To understand your parents love you must raise children yourself. Now that I am a mother I understand all the sacrifices they made, the reason for their decisions, and the love that filled their hearts just for me.

My Angels:
This section is for my Grandparents; Nonnie & Pods. Pods is now my guardian angel in heaven looking down upon me & my family. There is not a day that goes by that I do not think about him. How much of a cut up he was, how loving he was, how big his heart was, and how much I miss him. There is not a person in the world that met him & didn't like him. He was loved by so many. I remember standing at the kitchen door every afternoon waiting on my "sugarlump" to come in from work. He would always fix us a snack & we would watch cartoons until it was time for me to go home. I cherish every memory I have of him and hold them near & dear to my heart. When my children grow up they may only have a vague memory of him but I can tell them so many stories, and tell them just how much he loved them.

I admire my Grandma; Nonnie, more than anyone else in the world. She has shown so much strength & dedication while caring for my Pods through the last years of his life. She never left his side unless it was to run an errand. I am proud of her for the courage she has shown over the past few months after losing him. I am so much like her.We share the same interests, scrapbooking, arts & crafts, & decorating just to name a few. I get all my creativity from her. She & my Pods married at a young age just like me & my husband. I can only hope we share as many happy & fulfilling years as they did. I remember a song she used to sing to me when I was little & I know I hold a special place in her heart just like she does in mine.

My best friend:
I think we were destined to meet & become best friends. Her name happens to be the middle names of my daughters, who were named before I met her. We have so much in common, it's scary! She is the most honest & straightforward person I know. I am so thankful she is always honest with me. She doesn't sugar coat or tell me what she thinks I would want to hear. She is HONEST! She is always there for me, day & night. Always a phone call away when I need her. We talk all day, everyday, through phone calls, the computer or text. I can tell her anything & everything and never have to worry about it being repeated. She always has an open ear for me & doesn't judge me no matter how she feels about the situation. She listens to my happy moments, my sad ones & listens to me complain. She knows ALL my secrets and doesn't hold a one of them against me. It is a true blessing to have someone in your life that knows you inside & out & thinks no less of you. Our phone conversations last for hours. She is the only person that doesn't make up and excuse to get off the phone with me no matter how my kids are acting in the background. I just want to thank her for teaching me the definition of a TRUE friend & proving to me that special people can be trusted.
"It is prosperity that give us friend, adversity that proves them"

The most caring:
This woman has done so much not only for me but everyone in my family. Her heart is the size of an ocean & her generosity is endless. At first, I didn't understand why someone I barely knew could be so nice & caring toward myself & my family. But, then I realized I didn't know her at all. After I learned who she really was as a person, I understood. She is such a good natured person, sincere & fun to be around. I am so grateful for everything she has done for me & my family. I could never thank her enough for the support and love she has shown. Whether it be moral support during a hard time or a thoughtful gift. But, most of all the happiness she has brought to me & members of my family. I hope she knows how thankful I am for her & her kindness. I consider her part of my family & a dear friend.
"The best people in the world are the ones that can give without remembering & receive without forgetting"


2 comments:

Beth Ann said...

aww! Thank you Ashley!

Bev said...

You're a sweet sweet person... I wish we could have more time together ! We should have a day without the kids one day and we could get to know each other better !