Friday, December 10, 2010

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.

Every Mom knows that we go through each of these, even times on a daily basis! Parenting puts us through so much! I find myself laughing & crying over the same incident. I have experienced more emotions since becoming a mom that I even knew existed! At least once a week I have to break down & have myself a good cry.

Something that really bugs me is how some parents act like their just all smiles & rainbows all the time. Like they never get frustrated with their children, or never lose their cool. Every mother knows, THAT JUST ISN'T POSSIBLE! I will openly admit that my kids get the best of me sometimes & I yell, scream, fuss etc. I always feel bad afterward but gosh, a person can only take so much before you have to explode! Taking a deep breath & counting to 10 doesn't work for me. I'm usually in such a "I want to pull my hair out" state of mind that I can't even remember who I am, much less how to count to 10! My kids will test me that's for sure! But, what has always amazed me is how you can go from being so frustrated with them and they can do or say something that completely melts my heart & all that frustration just vanishes!

Sometimes I get so caught up in daily life & all my obligations that I forget just how blessed I am. I have a husband that works full time & allows me to stay at home with our children. I have 3 healthy & happy kids & we are expecting a 4th. I can only hope that it's just as healthy & happy! I have a safe, warm home to rest my head at night. We have dependable vehicles that get us where we need to go. We may not have tons of extra money but our bills get paid & our needs are provided. I have to stop & remind myself that my life is great & there are others that do not have half of what I do. It's easy to think your life is awful when your so stressed out & steam is rolling out of your ears.

Yes, My kids sure do push my limits & make me feel like a crazy person at times. But at the end of the day when my head hits my pillow I thank God for my children & the obstacles we face because it shapes me into who I am meant to be. I don't know what I would ever do without my kids, I love them dearly! I may be a stressed out mess sometimes but I love my life just the way it is & I wouldn't change it for anything else! I never want to lose sight of the important things in life, through the bad or the ugly trials.

1 comment:

Kelli B said...

This post brought me to tears! It is like you reached inside me and typed how I feel!! Very well written! I am looking forward to following your blog!