Monday, January 10, 2011

Here's The Buzz

I got so much accomplished last week & over the weekend. That says a lot for me, I usually struggle just to stay on top of the daily cleaning! Not sure where my energy & motivation boost came from but I was thankful for it! I got all the closets cleaned out & organized, and my bedroom rearranged. I know it's a no-no but we put a tv in our room so Caleb could watch Spongebob from his own bed & hopefully fall asleep in it. It's worked, so far! I love the little booger but I do not need another sleeping partner, I have my husband already. Between him snoring and talking in his sleep, I can do without the milk breath in my face, and the kicking me in he back all night from Caleb. We also agreed on a baby name (for now) but didn't go with either of the names from the poll or the letter K. Go figure. Then, yesterday I went to the grocery & stocked my cabinets in case of snow. Just in case your wondering, I did buy milk, bread & eggs but only because we were out. Who ever said they are necessities for getting you through a snow storm never spent a day in my house!

I also found the time to temporarily lose my sanity. It seems I can always find time for that, somehow. As if we don't already have enough to take care of around here, I talked my husband into letting the kids get a pet. The guilt of depriving them of a childhood pet set in! So, I worked my persuasive charm, and we agreed on birds, of all things! I did have to compromise and wait until either Valentine's Day or Easter before we get them, bummer! But hey, I won!!

Secondly, I decided once again to take a feet first leap into volunteering. I say feet first because I obviously wasn't using my head when I made the decision. Back at the beginning of this school year I checked into becoming the Girl Scout Troop Leader for my children's school. I had already been appointed and had started my training. Shortly after, my Grandpa passed away & my dad's illness pretty much took over my family. So I had to back out & postpone until later. Well, it's later and things have settled down.. I will be starting my training again in the coming weeks. I decided to do this mainly because my oldest was dying to be a Scout & the school had no leader.. Mommy guilt got me again!!! I believe hope & pray that it will be a good thing. It will certainly get me out of the house, yippee! It will also give me a chance to spend time with my girls, no boys allowed!! Stay tuned to see how all that pans out!



No comments: