Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Identity Crisis

I am having a conflict with myself.. I always thought of myself as a clean freak but after doing some cleaning around the house today, I think I may be an undercover pack rat!

Why have I been hanging onto 56 (not a type-o) socks with no matches? I've been collecting them in the laundry room cabinet like they are some kind of treasure. I went through them and only found matches for 3! Which brings me to my next question- Where did the other 53 mates go? If only I was creative enough to find a crafty way to reuse them. But, then again, What mother would want their child to play with a sock monkey made from used socks?! I decided to toss them, anyways!

I cleaned out my purse too. Here were the contents:
-a bulging wallet, not bulging of money but grocery receipts! I don't think I will be returning any of those.
-4 bottles of Germ-x. Okay, maybe that fits in the 'clean freak' category
-3 bottles of lotion
-3 diapers & baby wipes case
-a pair of my sons socks, (clean, both matches)
-a pocket calender I never use
-an envelope full of misc. papers I don't know the purpose of
-a camera
-pack of melted gummie snacks
-gum
-a grocery list from about 3 weeks ago
-an empty medicine bottle
-a makeup bag stuffed with tampons-- I'm pregnant, why am I carrying these around?
-an empty cd case
-and about 6 ink pens!
No wonder my purse is the size of a duffel bag! I have always dreamed of owning a small cutesy purse. Maybe now I can!!!

I also cleaned out mine & the kids closets but became depressed when I realized I owned so many clothes that I can't wear now :( At least I have a goal for after I have the baby! Oh, and I even found time to go buy a baby swing! And it's only 4pm! What ever will I do with the rest of my day??!!

2 comments:

Kelli B said...

Just out of curiosity, none of the four diapers were dirty, were they? :-)

Ashley said...

Nope, all clean... this time anyways ;)