Monday, January 31, 2011

My head is spinning.

I had my 2nd Girl Scout meeting today. I am not sure if I can do this or not!!! I love those little girls already, they are all so sweet. But, there is A LOT to do being a Troop Leader. Keeping up with paper work on every girl, making sure to inform the parents on news & happenings, planning craft ideas, planning meetings, buying supplies, managing troop bank account, and of course holding the meetings and trying to keep 7 busy girls in line and keeping them occupied for 2 hours. I love the concept of it, but I am feeling very overwhelmed with all the paperwork. No matter how organized I think I am being, no matter how much planning I do for the meeting, it never goes the way I had it in my head. I have been told by other troop leaders to hang in there, it gets easier. I sure hope they are right because I am not giving up regardless. I am trying really hard not to let this stress me out, easier said than done. And to think I have to be in charge of all the cookie sales too, oh boy! I need some tylenol just thinking about it!

At today's meeting we made birds out of a craft book I checked out from the library. You use paper plates, pipe cleaners, google eyes and glitter/watercolors/crayons/markers to decorate the bodies. They turned out really cute but the girls made a mess with the glitter glue. I hope no parents are ill over that, hehe. Now, I have to plan a fun & cleaver craft for our next meeting which will be Valentine's themed. We already plan to decorate Valentine's cupcakes to earn the Cupcake Decorating fun patch. It's a lot of fun so I am hoping the fun will soon out weigh the stress of it all. Any ideas on a Valentine's craft for 5-8 year olds???

1 comment:

Kelli B said...

My initial thought was, "holy cow, that is a lot of things to keep track of!" Then I thought, "Hmm, I wonder if this job involves a discount on cookies?" I guess that would be the deciding factor for me!