Sunday, March 13, 2011

Meet Boomer

I have been nagging my husband oh for about 8 years or so, to get me a house dog. The answer has always been NO, sometimes even a H E double hockey sticks NO! I would ask every few months, whine, try to bribe; didn't work. Until now! I am not sure what finally made him crack, but he did! So, the search was on. I spent hours online looking up area shelters, bordering state's shelters, rescue homes, newspaper listings... I just couldn't find my dog. I finally searched Craigslist for a town that is 2 hours away from us. That's where I found him. As soon as I saw his picture, I knew he was one.


He is a Shih Tzu, less than 4 months old. The family couldn't keep him because of health issues, out of state appointments, work & kids. It broke their hearts to see him go, but I promised to keep her updated via emails.

Boomer arrived at our home Friday afternoon. He is such an energetic & spunky fur ball. He follows me everywhere I go. If I'm sitting he is either beside my feet, in my lap or laying beside me. He will even put his paws on my shoulders and lay his head over on me like he is giving me a hug. I never thought I could find such a loveable puppy, but he has totally won me over. Although his 'man pride' won't allow my Husband to admit it, he is crazy over him too. The girls love him, Caleb not so much. He is so jealous. Every time he would see Boomer in my lap Caleb would whine, reach for me and say "mommy" the child has never called me Mommy!!! But overall, everyone is adjusting well to our new 4 legged member.

He wasn't housebroke when I got him. The previous owner said he used puppy pads, but after him being here, he acts like he doesn't know what one is. I knew I would have my work cut out for me. Aside from yesterday's early morning crate disater he has done really well about going outside. After barking/howling all night long his first night here, because he was in a crate, then waking up to his crate, bedding, toys and the pup being covered in pee & poo, on top of my usual morning sickness, I might also mention it was 6 am on a SATURDAY... you might imagine my day started off to a crappy note (punt intended). He hasn't chewed on anything in our house other than his toys, which he hides under my bed. He has been so well behaved, knock on wood that it continues. He is exactly what I wanted in a dog.

Moral of the story: If there is something you just absolutely can't live without but hubby says no, keep nagging, eventually is does pay off. HA!

No comments: