Thursday, March 31, 2011

This can't be good


The other day my soon-to-be-5-year-old preschooler came home with a hand delivered envelope from none other than a boy! She was so proud to show it to me with her rosy cheeks, googly eyes and innocent giggle. All the paper inside revealed was a bunch of scribbles but I am certain it was a love letter just the same.

My oldest was never convinced that "boys are yucky" but, I had Kayley convinced up until now it would seem. I had really high hopes that I could keep on convincing her until she was at least 30. I see grey hairs surfacing just at the thought of it. What ever happened to cooties?!

It wasn't too long ago that I got a phone call from a yucky cootie infested boy asking to speak to my 7yr old. These girls are seriously going to have to take it easy on their fragile mama. I just can't handle all the drama of boys (eeek, I shutter just typing it) chasing after my girls, just yet.

As if I wasn't already bamboozled enough over my preschoolers new gentleman caller, my oldest adds insult to injury, with a certain spicy letter of her own. I had noticed her sitting quietly to herself writing in her notebook but quickly noticed how deep in concentration she was and again thought "this can't be good." I asked her to go get me something in the other room, she handed her notebook to me and asked me to hold it for her but not to read it. SCORE! Of course I was going to read it, i wasn't born yesterday! This is what is said:

What me and my boyfriend did.
Swimed together.
kissed
deared each other to slide in the swimming pool
huged
the most of all we said we love each other
There were also several hearts drew on the paper as well.

OHHHHH EMMMMM GEEEEE!!!!! Where do they come up with this stuff? And if this wasn't made up (please be made up) where was I when all this spiciness took place? I can already tell I am going to have my hands full with these 2 and may need to look into home school soon, as well as installing bars on their bedroom windows. She isn't even in her first training bra and she's already doing some blogging of her own about making it to first base. Holy Cow! I would very much like someone to tell me it gets easier. But, I know they would be lying and I can't stand being lied to either so, shit out of luck... I AM!

I've always heard when you have boys you only have to worry about one penis. When you have girls you have to worry about them all.

Nope, this can't be good!!!!!


No comments: