Friday, May 27, 2011

Husband, Kids, a dog.. Oh my!

Husband- I can not begin to put into words how blessed I am to be married to my soul mate. I guess some people doesn't believe in soul mates but I do, he was made for me. We balance each other perfectly. He makes up for my flaws and I make up for his. We have our moments but overall we are still as googly-eyed as the day we met. He just recently purchased himself a new toy which he deserves for all he does for the kids and I. He used to have a 'toy' when our youngest was just a baby. I am so happy for him that he is able to have another toy even though we have 3 kids. It's going to be our date car... for those few and far between days we actually get to ourselves.Kids- I am really beginning to think I screwed up when naming our kids. They are all too similar. So when referring to them as a whole I call them my "CK clan". . . individually, they are A,B,C and D.

A) Today is her last day of the 1st grade. I still remember the day we brought her home from the hospital. We were so terrified of her and had absolutely no idea what we were in for. I am still not sure on what we are in for with her. Some days she couldn't be any more perfect and some days I struggle on running far far away because of her attitude, haha. She is such a big help to us with her brother and sister and I can tell that when she gets older, much much much older she will be a great Mom. She also made the Honor roll all 4 quarters of this school year!! I am so proud of my little girl.
B) She graduated Preschool which was such a hard time for me. I never got not one complaint on her all school year long. I am also so proud of her for all she has accomplished this year and how much she has grown and matured. She has such a sweet little voice and the way she pronounces words is just precious. Her 5th birthday is next week and it just seems impossible that she could be that age already.
C) Oh me! Where do I begin? He has been his usual hyper, mischievous self. He keeps me up and at it constantly. I joke about when the baby comes how I will ever be able to stop chasing behind him long enough to tend to a newborn, which makes people laugh. It is a concern though, seriously. I wish I had his energy! He is learning so many new words, even some that he shouldn't and is doing really well speaking in complete sentences. We are still working on the potty training. Some days he's interested, others not so much.
D) My OB appointment last week I found out that I am 50% effaced and 1.5 cm dilated. He is due in 3 more weeks. It's hard to believe that I could be in labor at any given time from here on out. This pregnancy has flown by. But, I am so excited to meet my new little feller. Today I washed all his bottle and put them away in the cabinet. I also packed his diaper bag for the hospital. It's all becoming very real to me that soon I will be a Mom of FOUR. Life with 4 kids, ahh, will I ever be able to do it? I guess time will tell.
A dog- I forgot to upload a picture of Boomer. But, he has grown so much. I am still totally in love with him and would feel incomplete without him. There are times that I look across our house and there are toys from one end to the other (literally!!!) and I know the kids didn't do it because they don't stay out from in under my feet long enough to make that mess.. I recently discovered that Boomer was the one who was dragging them out. Oh well, at least someone around here plays with them.


Oh My- As for me, I am just ready to be unpregnant, work on getting my body and my tan back as well as getting started on my school work. My back has felt like a spaghetti noodle lately and my ankles are swollen. I have also been suffering from insomnia. There is always 5124574551566312 things on my mind when I lay down at night I literally wake up in the middle of the night to continue my train of thought. It's nuts, and it could quiet possibly be making me nuts at the same time. This Summer promises to be a busy one. Summer break officially begins today, Will I survive?

No comments: