Monday, May 23, 2011

A-May-Zing Day

On Sunday we took the girl's out for a day full of fun. They have both done really well in school this year (with a few exceptions toward the end) and we thought they deserved to have a day out with Mom & Dad. With the new baby coming, their busy brother that requires a lot of attention from me and just the busyness we always have going on I feel like they needed this day.

We started off by taking them to play mini golf. Neither of them had ever played before, and they both really enjoyed it. The place we took them to has all sorts of things to do. I remember going there several times as a kid so I knew with all the new things they have added over the years, my girl's would love it.


I wanted to take part in this too, but being 8 months pregnant I'm sure it isn't advised, ha ha! I would like to go back and try it after the baby is born but my poor 4 child bearing bladder probably couldn't handle all the excitement.



The girl's rode the chairlift up the mountain with their dad and absolutely loved it. I've never been a fan of heights and my nerves aren't what they used to be so I just sit this one out.
There is also a nearby Rock Shop, the largest in Kentucky. I have took the girl's here before and they asked to go back. There is a huge concrete dinosaur outside named Big Mo and they always have their picture made with him when we visit. My girl's love collecting rocks so we let them each buy an animal carved out of a mineral. Catie chose a grey cat and Kayley chose a purple frog. I forgot to take a picture, oops.

We also took the girl's to get their ears pierced. We took them once before, last summer, but they both chickened out so, we figured we would wait a little longer and try again. This time they both went through with it and did great. I couldn't believe how brave they were and how well they did. I promised them as soon as their 6 weeks are up and they are all healed we would go earring shopping.



We finished off our day by having a very late lunch at Burger King so they kids could play a little more before going home. It was a perfect day out with our girl's and they got lots of much needed attention. I am going to strive to do stuff like this with them more often.

No comments: