Monday, February 21, 2011

Advice for this week

This past week, for me, has been full of signs that I can not explain. I am still processing a lot of them so describing them to anyone would be impossible. I mentioned before about feeling in my heart that God was trying to tell me something and show me a direction I should follow. I have never listened any time I have ever had a nagging feeling such as the one I have had lately. After stopping my hardheadedness and giving in to the feeling, I had one of the best weeks of my life unfold. It's like everything I prayed about, dreamed about and longed for were handed to me within the same week. I asked God for signs, and I received plenty of them in many areas of my life. I had no stress, no struggles, no tension between certain people that were there before. I was accepted into college, got a hands on experience in the preschool room, a job offer and a good doctor's visit. Not to mention this overwhelming feeling of happiness I have had. I mentioned to my Husband I was afraid that something bad was about to happen because of all the good that had flooded in recently. He said to me, it will be okay, what's meant to be- will be!

The most profound event of this past week happened on Friday. While dropping my little girl off at preschool, the teachers aide handed me a book that we had talked about earlier that week. She offered to let me borrow it, so I did. It isn't normally the type of book I would pick out, I tend to go for the sappy fiction love stories, but I once again had a feeling that I was meant to get something out of the message inside this book. I am a firm believer in 'everything happens for a reason.' This past week has proved that to be true time and time again. God works in mysterious ways and by this book being handed to me, I have no doubt that was another blessing I was meant to receive.
I read it cover to cover in 2 days! I have never had a book to give me chills like this one did. I recommend it to everyone, you need to read this book!! It opened my eyes to a lot of things I was blind to before. And it very well could be the missing piece to my puzzle. I have been wanting to find my family and I a Church to attend regularly and after this book I am on a mission to do so, soon!

My lesson learned and advice for this week is: When you feel skeptical about following a path that's being laid out in front of you; follow anyways! Listen to those signs and feelings because they are sent to you for a reason. It could lead to a life altering adventure and put you right where you need to be in your life.. it did for me!

"Never miss out on a blessing just because it isn't packaged the way you expect"





No comments: