Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Best Day Ever

I know I am suppose to be doing Day 12 picture challenge of something I love.. but I am so excited about the day I had, all I can think about is how much I love it when God tries to tell you something and when you listen, amazing things happen. So here's your picture....
I have been getting so many signals and signs about working with kids lately. As you already know I was considering going to school for Early Childhood Education. But, until today I was still skeptical! I had decided to volunteer in the preschool classroom on days that I had a babysitter for Caleb. Today I had planned on spending a few hours helping out in the classroom. Then at 6:00 this morning I got a call that literally changed my life forever! To some it may not seem so important but the way I see it it most certainly is. The preschool teacher called to tell me her husband was sick and she couldn't make it to school today, there were no available subs and there has to be 2 adults in the preschool room. So, after having it cleared with the principle I got to stay the whole day in the class filling in along with the teachers aide. I knew after today it would either confirm that this was my calling and what God has been trying to tell me, or it would put my dreams to a screeching halt.

Thankfully, it confirmed! I loved it! I don't think my smile left my face the entire day. I was overcome with joy just being around those sweet preschoolers. I helped them on bathroom breaks, helped them with their breakfast and lunch, helped with activities and an art project etc. The environment was great and the kids were so sweet and inspiring to me. Overall it was a great day but after coming home and waiting on 3 kids of my own I. Am. Exhausted.

p.s... I could have even more exciting news coming soon! Stay tuned!


No comments: