Thursday, February 24, 2011

life with 4 kids

I am babysitting for my Uncle which is about 2hrs away with his father in law. He was in an accident, and has brain bleeds & swelling. After he was flown to UofL they also discovered a mass in his brain and spots on his lungs. Prayers are definitely needed!

Back to the point of this post; life with 4 kids! I never imagined how it would be when the baby was born and I had 4 kids in my house. Until I started babysitting Payton, which made #4. When I was pregnant with my kids I always imagined them being in the picture and would day dream often. Transitioning from 2-3 kids wasn't such a big deal for us. Probably because we were getting our 1st boy and the excitement of that just covered the chaos of adding another. However, with this being my 4th pregnancy I can't picture how it's going to be after the baby is born. I don't day dream either, possibly because I don't have time to sit down much less get lost in some fantasy world. So I am kind of getting nervous at the reality of having another. Adults vs kids is 2:4. We are outnumbered and possibly in over our heads.

Yesterday when Payton arrived the girls of course were overjoyed because of a baby being here. They played with her and goochy-gooed at her. But Caleb on the other hand did not enjoy her presence. He is Mama's baby and he made sure she wasn't intruding on his territory! This slightly worries me. It may be different since it's his baby brother but just seeing how he reacted to her makes me nervous about how he is going to treat the baby. It's possible that I am worrying myself too much who am I kidding? I am a Mom, that is in my job description to worry unnecessarily.

Someone please assure me that it is different with your own offspring. Having a 7 year old, 4 old, an extremely jealous 2 year old and an 11 month old spoiled brat that wants to be held 24/7 is just a tad bit overwhelming!!!! But I am not complaining (or maybe I am) but I am doing my Good Samaritan duties nonetheless!

No comments: